Here I Am The Rules
Please Do not Use Vulgarities
Though Ironically, You Can't Speak =]
Enjoy
Sunday, 20 December 2009
21:22
Breath - Tim Winton is a great book. I'm reading it while I have free time during work and it never fails to touch me- how some simple, minute details about adolescence can be so enthralling.
Like how he describes a teenage boy gone surfing, shifting his focus in life from his family to his friend- How his dad had felt forsaken and hurt. This isn't an obscure fact, we all know that this happens even to ourselves. WE don't realise it, but this probably happened some few years ago, many years ago for some, and for others- probably a few years down the road.
Halfway through the book, I'm already believing (not that I do not believe before) that being a teen, one should LIVE LIFE to the fullest. At this age, we could say or do some things callow and get forgiven. At this age, we could also do much more mature things that we weren't able to accomplish during childhood with our new-found freedom. Indeed, I don't go surfing - but there are much more things I can accomplish while I still have the energy to do so.
Though, I still cannot grasp the meaning of life, there is no standard measure to life and how to live life-- but I really haven't found my purpose. Had watched some shows and Jap animations these few days too and COINCIDENTALLY, they conveyed to me the importance of family and friends to the individual. Hah, the protagonist is usually the one who treasures his comrades the most.
Which brings me back to the question I posted just a few days ago, Power or Friendship.
It remains unfathomable, so I'll stop here now----- believing that we all should DARE TO LIVE AND TRY. We'll never know until we try!
I've been having these weird thoughts lately;
like,
Is any of this for real, or not?
Me
Sebastian Lim Wei
Seventeen by Continuity Correction
and that's all that you need to know.