Here I Am The Rules
Please Do not Use Vulgarities
Though Ironically, You Can't Speak =]
Enjoy
Saturday, 17 April 2010
22:03
Which is worse- Born to fail, fail to be born or born to succeed but end up failing?
I won't offer you an answer because an answer isn't what we seek. I just wanted to prove to you that we all love to compare.
Face it, I'm sure 80% of you who saw the earlier part of this post came up with an answer to my question. Now, I'm pointing it out to you and you find it amusing, oh yes you do so don't deny it.
Humans love to compare because comparing gives us a sense of achievement.
Every few years, a new tallest building in the world emerges. Every few months, a new world No.1 appears in the newspapers. Every year a few top scorers appear in the newspapers. You may say this doesn't concern you but let us review what you have done this week.
Have you asked someone about his or her score for a class test ? Have you asked someone what school he studies in ? Have you used the word "best" this week? Have you felt better knowing you've done better than someone else in any particular field ?
So there you have it, you love to compare as much as anyone else you'd probably find on the street. But don't ever find comfort in this knowledge, I implore you, becasue this means you're no better than anyone else (It's another comparison). I'm sick of all this comparing. And that is why I am here to appeal to you. Go back to where you came from. Go back to your homes and shut yourselves in while you're busy at work. Go back into your shells and live inside your own world just for once.
Once in a while, it is alright to come out and gauge yourself against society's standards- but be very sure of this:
一山还有一山高。(Gosh I'm comparing again)
I've been having these weird thoughts lately;
like,
Is any of this for real, or not?
Me
Sebastian Lim Wei
Seventeen by Continuity Correction
and that's all that you need to know.