Here I Am The Rules
Please Do not Use Vulgarities
Though Ironically, You Can't Speak =]
Enjoy
Sunday, 16 May 2010
11:22
Was talking to a friend rather recently about life and he was telling me how he had lived a life of regrets, although he's barely a quarter through his life.
(Don't read on if you think I'm going to boast)
He's trying to redeem himself by taking up courses and other enrichment programmes. He recognises that it's still too early for regrets, there is still time.
And then the focus of the conversation turned to me and he was stating how he envied me, my achievements and etc etc. I patted him on the shoulder and told him something- but for now, I can't remember what it is.
Me? Achievements? Bah, a load of crap. I just got lucky.
I'm merely a simple teen whom, VERY VERY fortunately, was offered many opportunities I could grab. And so when I was falling off the building, I simply had to hold on to the nearest string I could find and hold on to it I did, until somebody on the roof pulled me up with the string. And because I was persistent, I held on UNTIL somebody actually pulled, not let go when hours go by and nobody tugged on the other end.
Another friend of mine told me, when I explained that I always had no choice, that I was "lucky" because whenever life put me on a new road to walk on, the road coincided with what I had in mind.
Then someone told me I was multi-talented. I realised I wasn't, I was simply performing slightly better than the average Tom. You'd realise that you are but a tiny weeny little bug when you're in a place full of the best of the best, of the best.
Being in a place full of the best of the best makes you think how much you want to challenge yourself, and push yourself to the limit. You change for the better becasuse you know you want to impress even the best of the best. At the very least, to test how much you can go when compared to them.
And you know what's the funniest thing these people say? That they're losers.
Sometimes, you wonder if they're so good because they're losers.
You need lots of confidence in yourself to attempt the impossible. Narcissism? I don't know, perhaps?
But, I've actually lived a life of regrets too. Sometimes, I wonder what could have happened if I had chosen to challenge myself from a time much earlier than this. What have I been doing a few years ago then? I realised, with a smack on my face, that I've wasted my time playing computer games.
I regret playing too much computer games. Yes, it suited my agenda- entertainment, fun or even the escape from a social network. I really was a reserved person, anti-social perhaps. But computer games do nothing to develop your life skills. It's just like playing WOW. If you log in, and you sit down- your skill levels don't rise and you don't level up. But if you log in and you train hard, you become stronger.
Today, heh, people accuse me of being an I personality in the DISC test. That was the trait I had least when I took the test.
If I had gone to a different school, took up a different CCA or even devoted my time to a sport, say fencing earlier, my life could turn out so much more differently. Thinking about these make one regret.
But they're all just possibilities, What and Who I am now is what's real.
So, stop wasting time on a virtual world created by human beings. Live in reality, which wasn't (I hope) created by a human being. Why let your life revolve around somebody's creation?
Don't ever bow down to others, because if you ever do, You've truly lost- through and through.
I've been having these weird thoughts lately;
like,
Is any of this for real, or not?
Me
Sebastian Lim Wei
Seventeen by Continuity Correction
and that's all that you need to know.