Here I Am The Rules
Please Do not Use Vulgarities
Though Ironically, You Can't Speak =]
Enjoy
Sunday, 6 June 2010
09:52
At 17 I chose to believe that none of us are the callow adolescent we were a few years ago, a few months ago or perhaps a few weeks ago. Until I realised this morning that, hey,
perhaps it's only some of us who've really grown up.
This morning I attained enlightenment as I would like to call it, because enlightenment makes one look wiser and philosophical. It was the better alternative to telling other people that "I got smacked in the face like a nincompoop who'd been staring at an island on a map for a long time, then finally looked up and asked where the island was". The gist of it is that I finally pressed down my finger on a concept I'd been acquainted with for some time, but did not truly understand.
At 17, in JC at the very least, we're choosing our friends and no longer just making friends with any random Tom Dick & Harry that comes by. At 17, we recognise the importance of make true friends that matter, not the matter of how many friends we have.
Apart from being able to strike conversations and maintain eye-contact, we're looking for personality, loyalty and perhaps, power. We're getting complicated because we want people whom we can rely on, whom we can trust and whom, as I always tell others, truly understand us.
Having heard this more than twice this week, my mind resounded with the familiar noise of the words being pronounced.
They say that no silence between close friends is awkward.
Close friends do not come by easily. Because it's not just about you choosing them,
they have to choose you too.
I've been having these weird thoughts lately;
like,
Is any of this for real, or not?
Me
Sebastian Lim Wei
Seventeen by Continuity Correction
and that's all that you need to know.