Here I Am The Rules
Please Do not Use Vulgarities
Though Ironically, You Can't Speak =]
Enjoy
Monday, 12 July 2010
09:30
What got into me wasn't the majestic mountains, the legendary buildings nor the amicable people. As I was exploring the streets of the famous city of lights I begin to wonder what it was and only until now did I realise what it really was.
It was the familiarity of the place.
**
On this trip I've done and seen many things. Of which the first was of course, what I went there to do: Image Processing. It was a high level technique, which to our relief (and of course our lecturers'), we could understand. At first I was skeptical when the lecturer mentioned that we were brilliant but with repeated mention I couldn't help but believe him.
As the days rolled by all of us got more accomodated and the initial surreal experience we had of this fairytale-like mountain region begin to fade. The hectic lifestyle we left home slowly became a memory-
a memory we'd all like to forget.
This process was catalysed by the fact that those at home were being tormented by the CTs. We were more than glad to have escaped it's wrath. It was as if we'd ridden on a WOW-turbo-charged-flying-machine and barely avoided the clutches of the ferocious Jabberwocky.
It was a relief as much as a slight-regret. For the other way, we could see what was INSIDE the beast.
The food there was the most amazing experience I ever had, well.... for the first few days. It was thrilling to have something out of the ordinary every meal and every other day. But we're still Asians- our tongue cannot adapt quickly enough to have Western food everyday after having Asian food for nearly 20 odd years. From the fifth day onwards, frankly speaking, my mouth started acheing from ulcers and what-not.
I'll remind myself to bring some Asian packed food the next time I go to Europe or the US for that matter. For now, I'll continue sticking to Asia.
Oh did I mention Annecy, the Venice of France? Another lovely place in my opinion. Although, my opinion is biased because anywhere there are mountains, a beautiful lake and greenery I'd say is beautiful. The only thing lacking was a hand to hold on to, to share the memory with when I was gaping at the lovely town.
On this trip I've helped somebody completed something on her bucket list of climbing a Mountain. I've learnt to be nice by saying Bonjour to every other hiker I saw along the way. I've lived through the life of a foreign student living alone in a residence hall. I've lived my Jock-life of exercising extensively(even in a foreign land). I've personally experienced a pickpocket experience.
Ah the pickpocket experience- it was a story to behold but, for another time.
The Louvre, the Arc, The Eiffel Tower and the familiarity of it all. All I could say was that when I left on the plane the sense of familiarity still lingered.
30 minutes before I landed I saw the iconic twin tower of KL, which sparked another chain of memories within me. Alas, it is a story for another time yet again.
Now the only thought I have in mind is-
Home at Last! My friends, I am home at last!
I've been having these weird thoughts lately;
like,
Is any of this for real, or not?
Me
Sebastian Lim Wei
Seventeen by Continuity Correction
and that's all that you need to know.