Here I Am The Rules
Please Do not Use Vulgarities
Though Ironically, You Can't Speak =]
Enjoy
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
21:01
This is why I love sports. A competitive sportman cannot give up. He does not stop fighting. He never says die. That is the spirit I admire, and hope that I exude.
The undefeatable spirit of the warrior.
Most people nowadays crumble under the pressure. And when faced with adversity they simply walk away because they think that they are unable to overcome the obstacle. I admit, I do shun away from adversities whenever I can.
But I still believe that at a certain level of truth, I can take much more hardship than the average joe--physically and mentally.
If not, why do I have to work to pay for my training fees? Why do I have to bear the torment of going for training in a weakened state because I didn't sleep well the previous night, or was tired out by shit done in PE? Why do I go for training immediately after school training? And why do I take an optional free fencing session weekly so seriously? And why the fuck do I have to endure so much physical training with my friend on our own accord?
Because I want to improve. Because I want to prove that no adversity is greater than men. Because I firmly believe that tough times don't last but tough man do.
Do I not, therefore, deserve at least some form of right to despise and critisize people who are obviously going through much less and yet complaining so much about their lives? Do some of my friends, whom are already alone in this world without their family at the age of 18, not have the right to begrudge the rest of us?
I hate it when I lost to my friend during novices just because he is left handed and have fenced for 3 years. I hate it when I beat him in the poules and yet got defeated in the direct elimination rounds.
I felt like crying and I felt like shit.
But my coach looked for me. No, not one or any of my teammates, but my coach came to look for me. Not one or any of my teammates said a word to me, but my coach came over and analysed my failure for me and reinforced the idea that no man should crumble under pressure. For that I thank you coach,
for at the moments when you were talking to me you almost seemed like my dad.
**
Oh yes fuck you bitch.
I've been having these weird thoughts lately;
like,
Is any of this for real, or not?
Me
Sebastian Lim Wei
Seventeen by Continuity Correction
and that's all that you need to know.